Monday 31 December 2012

All the best for 2013

While everyone, or almost everyone, is getting ready for the big, last night of 2012, I'm sitting in front of my laptop, reflecting on the past year. It has been eventful regarding my writing: I published four books, have made plans for new ones, I received many wonderful e-mails, messages or tweets; had a stalker, thankfully lost him again; my Branded series was considered worthy to be placed on Pageturners, a website for chick lit with a difference, right next to Cecilia Ahern, Alexandra Potter, and other big names, and I just learned that the founder of the site loved to stop by my blog in her tea breaks.

I ruffled some feathers, got a few over the head myself, but all in all, I think I did quite all right. I moved house, went through some depressions, and dragged myself out of them again. Mostly thanks to the garden and writing. And, because of the dragon. He makes me smile, even when I'm feeling low. I made some friends, I lost some. Those I have I love dearly, and those I've lost, I wish all the best on their way.
I have some plans for 2013, but nothing is concrete yet. But writing and editing will definitely be a big part of it. Words dictate my days, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Since I've changed my blog address, I seem to have lost quite a few regular visitors; I hope that you'll find me again, for I enjoy the interaction with you guys. Even if occasionally heated,  it was always rather civilised. Maybe we'll have further good conversations in 2013. For now I'd like to thank you and wish you all the best for the next year: health, wealth, love, and may all your positive wishes come true. I'm looking forward to the new year, because thirteen is my favourite number.

Love,

Stella

No comments:

Post a Comment