Sunday 11 March 2012

It's been a year today

It's been a year since the massive earthquake hit Japan, followed by the devastating tsunami. It was a time where the world stopped moving while everyone stared at the shocking pictures of people losing their home, their income, their loved ones, their lives. It was a time where people, who didn't know each other, got together and helped those in need. It was a time that proved that humanity still exists. The amount of money that had been raised and given to the charities was amazing.
I personally won a friend because of all that mess. Ryan, who lives in Tokyo, and I had been chatting for many hours while he tried to get the grips with what happened. And I was worries about a few others I knew living in Japan. Thankfully, they were all okay. Shocked, but alive. Even though they all struggled to cope. Understandable.

Slap bang on the 10th of March, I published Excuse me, where is the exit? which went live on the 11th, and I made the spontaneous decision to give the proceeds of the first three months coming from the book's sales to the Red Cross and Doctors without Borders, two excellent organisations.
So for me it's two anniversaries, the sad and the happy one. I'm proud to have shifted sales in the four figures and the journey has been interesting, to say the least. The book has been as high as #5 in the Amazon humour charts and received excellent feedback. I'm currently writing on the second book of 'rants' as I call them and should publish it some time this year.

Again, I'd like to thank all of you who went to buy the book to support the people in Japan. Thank you for helping, thank you for forgiving me the many errors in the book, the formatting issues. Thank you for recommending the book, back then and now.



THANK YOU

No comments:

Post a Comment